Friday, September 25, 2009

Kill Your Television - Ned's Atomic Dustbin


Mod Musing from the Pacific Northwest:

*I have been going on about these bikini espresso places, and had to laugh when I caught on the news that a local “Grab and Go” was raided for a sting operation. Seems the girls at Grab and Go were charging for flashing customers and even more for allowing the clientele to touch them. Yep, arrested for prostitution out of a coffee hut. Amusing as heck to me…

*I saw a caterpillar on the road while walking. (Yes I have started walking again and it feels great!) I swear I can not remember the last time I saw a caterpillar-wow to the little things!

*Direct TV shows reruns of Trailer Park Boys!! I am finally getting it, and loving it! I also love that show I spoke of before, the Meatloaf hosted “Rock and a Hard Place” Music trivia answered by musicians- best show evar! LOL! Today- Tommy Tutone vs Ray Parker Jr. and Lisa Lisa vs Da Brat. I saw Sha Na Na on there a few days ago, they were real members from back in the day when they had their TV show. RIP Chico…

*I continue to get snide comments when I am walking my three pups. I bet if it were just two, I would not get the comments. I don’t understand why people feel the need to say something mean about the fact that I love dogs? Some people are nice, don’t get me wrong..I have adorable dogs but the people who pop off, why? I am a good dog owner who picks up after them in parks. And in doggie news, Wicket is ahead of the curve in his recovery..he is doing fantastic. I knew it wasn’t his time yet.. 

*A few after notes on the Polaris Prize:
It was interesting to hear the radio folks saying the next day that F*cked Up winning could push the awards a step back. It did seem to be an interesting problem, as other stations couldn’t even announce the name of the winner. It was so odd how they saved them for last to perform, a food fight breaks out and then this hardcore punk band, stripped down to their underwear wins the award for artist merit. I am willing to guess there are more people who think it was a mistake although I heard some say even if you don’t like hardcore, it is a masterpiece record. I saw F*cked Up while in Toronto for the 6 nights of Plaskett. That was the band Chris Murphy got up and sang punk with. Let’s be truthful, why else would I have seen a punk band? LOL

Jian Ghomeshi not only played with my least favorite band Patrick Watson, he introduced hip hop star K’Naan. I was quite impressed with K’Naan as a person and performer. I was not impressed with Patrick Watson, Jian or no Jian-LOL!

Elliott Brood, Hey Rosetta! And Joel sounded the best live! I don’t understand why Metric couldn’t play full band. I want to see Elliott Brood here in Seattle. We shall see, they are here in 2 weeks. They used cookie sheets and wooden spoons in the audience for percussion.

*Speaking of Hey Rosetta! I knew I like Tim Baker! His first concert was Glass Tiger!! LOL GT for Polaris Prize next year!

*I applied for a lot of radio jobs this week. Maybe I will get one response from them? Oh man, this is yet another of my most difficult challenges of my life. Believing something right will come along is HARD…

*I watched the premier of CSI for the heck of it last night. A lot of the good characters are gone-hello no Grissom? Gil was the reason I ever started watching, William Petersen is a fine actor in my opinion. But I bring this up because I can’t handle shows like that anymore. Plus it had spiders on it last night. My dreams after were nothing but bodies and spiders. Nope, can’t do that or horror films..

*Jon Auer is playing in Phoenix, I am excited for my friends that get to see him! He called from his hotel, so funny..it was in my old hood, where Karen and I always went for Joanns and Cracker Barrel. I am hoping one of my pals will call and let me hear a song from the show. I am sure I will get a show sooner or later living here..He did sayin an interview Serene Dominic did that they want to do another Posies record! Yes to all my fave bands still recording new music!

*Hoping I may get to drive someone to Portland, Oregon tomorrow!??

2 comments:

TimeTravellingGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TimeTravellingGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.